Sunday, October 28, 2012

Weekend Festivities

I thought I'd blog before the power (potentially) goes out. Hurricane Sandy is kind of kicking up here. School has been closed tomorrow! Best case scenario: nothing bad happens, and they closed school anyway. We've stocked up on candles and stuff, so I guess we'll just ride it out with lots of blankets.

Zack actually just left! I was kind of worried that he wouldn't be able to come over because of the storm, but   luckily so far it's only been a light drizzle at most. I was devastated when I couldn't find The Forbidden Kingdom (the perfect movie), but we watched The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen instead while feasting on pizza pockets so it was fine. Then we watched Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog (also perfect) and sang along to every song (because we can). Then we went for a walk around my neighborhood! Luckily it was only a very slight drizzle by then. He had to leave kind of early, but that's okay, because it was wonderful :)

I never told you guys about the Halloween events I attended this weekend! Friday night was the Halloween dance, and I'm so glad I dragged Zack along. It was our first dance together! I had to change into my costume again on Saturday for Natalie's Halloween party, which was also very fun. There are now a lot of pictures on Facebook of me with a mustache, covered in toilet paper. I wish I had a good picture of my costume to show to you guys!

I suppose I'll go fart around till the power inevitably goes out. Have fun in this storm, guys, if you have the misfortune of currently residing on the East Coast!

2 comments:

  1. I do NOT have the misfortune of currently residing on the East Coast, but this whole Hurricane Sandy business is oddly making me homesick. My brother said it best: homesick via hurricane. I wish I could explain why.

    Halloween festivities are fun! Glad you and Zack got to hang out.

    Now I want pizza pockets...but a grilled cheese sandwich I make in the college's cafeteria will have to suffice.

    STAY SAFE. HURRICANES ARE SERIOUS BIZ-NESS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you were safe throughout the hurricane, lovely *hugs*

    ReplyDelete