Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Axes from the sky.

I DID SOMETHING ACTIVE!

Yesterday, after consuming my typical lunch of a hot pocket and a glass of soda, I felt the twinges of a health kick coming on. My "health kicks" are usually short (several hours to a day or two, at best) and minimally effective, but yesterday, I happened to be talking to Kim while it happened. Kim, being of a hardier (and less wimpy) breed than I, has occupied her summer days with track club, which she then persuaded me to join for the day. I, in a fit of insanity, agreed. Why do I do these things to myself?

Anyway, I went to her house first and we walked there. It was muggy and hot. That is all there is to say about that. When we got there we ran a lap, which was bad enough in gym when I was used to it, and was now, after weeks of lumpiness, brutal. Then we did stretches and running exercises, which weren't so bad, except it was so hot and so muggy that I was literally dripping sweat. Then we did this monstrous thing where we all ran in a line and the person at the end of the line ran up to the front, and then when that person reached the front, the person now at the end of the line ran to the front, and so on. For two laps. I am far, far too wimpy to do this.

Luckily that was the end of the meet--it was cut short due to weather. When my mom picked me up, she rewarded me with a giant thing of Mountain Dew X) You know, it's almost like I'm not even lumpy! Almost...

In other news, I am getting more and more excited for The Hunger Games movie. Here is what I had to say about it to Kim:

You know what? I think it's going to be AWESOME. And if it's not, I will find the director in his home and make him participate in a hunger games where the only other participant is a giant man-eating robot which shoots fire.
And Kim made her own lovely edition:

HAHAHA. And if he somehow defeats this robot, then axes will rain down from the sky. Axes and nothing else.
Who else is excited for it?

In other, final (since I'm supposed to be going to bed now) news, I have come up with a new story, and it makes me very happy. It's about zombies! Well, it's about other things, but it's set in the zombie apocalypse! I've never actually written a story set in the zombie apocalypse. I really do like it, though. When I have more time, I'll describe the plot in detail :D

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, it seems like in this heat would be the absolute worst time to try to get started on an exercise kick, haha! But props to you for sticking it out despite the extreme sweatyness. :D

    Yep... still haven't read the Hunger Games... I want to and I totally could've by now, but the books are ALWAYS checked out from the library and I don't feel like buying them until I know I love them. So, yeah. I really must before the movie though....

    ReplyDelete