Friday, October 28, 2011

A Step by Step Guide

Tonight, I remembered why I used to love dances so much! It was the Halloween dance, and I, being my glamorous self, was a movie star. I had an enormous fur coat and everything, guys! Shari and I got there at the very beginning and throughout the entire night, there really wasn't more than approximately 150 people there. Considering we have a school of 2,000, this is a pretty small dance. Everyone was inside the cafeteria with smoke machines and lights and a basically continuous stream of dance music. I started out nervously moving my hands back and forth, because I'm so incredibly lame, but by the end of the three hours, I was perfectly comfortable shimmying around the dance floor with various Disney princesses!

None of my friends other than Shari were there, so I hung around with Shari's friends! They were pretty cool! There was Monica and Katie, who I vaguely know, and Freya and Jamie, who I didn't know at all. Very fun. There was a not-surprising amount of girls dressed, er, promiscuously, and an even less surprising number of people grinding. Not that I fit into either of these categories :)

It really was fun, and I'm glad I went. On Monday, I'm going trick-or-treating with Shari and some of the people from the dance! I might almost consider going to Sophomore Cotillion now, even though I remain sadly dateless. Ah well. It's still fun to go with friends!

By the way, if anyone was unsure about exactly how lame my dancing is:
A step by step guide.

Well, that was my night! Good night, everyone! I promise to comment soon!

2 comments:

  1. Your outfit sounds amazing and very original compared to those that did just dress up as Disney princess'. It sounds like it was a great night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!

    I love fellow crazy people.

    I know. That, thankfully, hit me in a dream the other night and I was like YES an idea. Haha.

    I wish you luck <3

    ReplyDelete