Saturday, August 6, 2011

In general.

I was going to blog, and then I once more became entirely absorbed in tumblr, which is strange since I don't actually have one. Oddly enough, most of the tumblrs I've been poring over have to do with a show which is currently in between seasons and that I've watched four episodes from. I've become mildly obsessed. This is probably unhealthy.

Well! I feel like it hasn't been that long since I last blogged, though it probably has. Hm. My school schedule still has not arrived, even though it's about the right time and I've heard that they were sent out last Monday. I don't really know what I'll do with myself after I get it. It's all I've been looking forward to all summer. I certainly won't be looking forward to actually going back to school, now will I?

Oh, and last Thursday, I finished Forever (sorry, I don't know what else to link to, haha)--the finale to the trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater which also includes Shiver and Linger, and which I currently forget the name of. The Wolves of Mercy Falls or something? Anyway, I loved the first book, and though the second book didn't really do anything for me, this one is definitely a favorite. I did cry at the end, though it was honestly a bit predictable. I don't know what was missing from the second book, but it was in this book. The end obviously leaves a lot unanswered, but the story definitely feels done, which I think is a good thing. I haven't lost any sleep over the ending :) Basically, I would reccomend this book, but obviously everyone should read the other two books first.

In slightly related news, I've been working on my latest story more, and to be perfectly honest, it makes me very happy :D There's something I just like about it. I admit, some parts of it I need to go over because they don't make much sense, but as a whole I really like the story that's been coming together. It's the same one from the excerpt I posted last Saturday--you know, the one with the girl getting on the train. That one.

I have to say, I really like using trains and train stations in stories. I mean, it's like a built-in story: something ending, something beginning, both the sadness of leaving something behind and the hope of a new life somewhere else. I briefly considered calling my latest story Trains before realizing that that sounded odd, and so it is still called Cities. I like having names for things. Hm.

AND FINALLY: I want a birthday party. Nothing special, just friends and pizza and cake. I mean, I know my friends will be celebrating my birth regardless, but I might as well grace them with my presence :D I'm turning fifteen in NINETEEN (19!) days! I remember thinking fifteen was, like, the epitome of teenager-ness. Fifteen and sixteen. Now it doesn't seem so old. I'm sure all of you people who are older than me will agree :)

Well, I suppose that's all. I'm kind of bored. In general. Back to tumblr, I suppose....:) 

3 comments:

  1. I stand firm in my conviction that I haven't really had a summer.

    Get a Goodreads account so you can link books! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15 IS young. Heck, 30 is young. But to Dad and I You'll ALWAYS be our baby girl. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should make a Tumblr. Actually no, don't, if you ever want to be productive ever again in your life. DON'T DO IT. It's a horrible addiction.

    I'm glad your story is coming along well! :D And yeah, there's something about train stations that always seems so... symbolic, even if it's not totally intentional, you know? It's just a neat setting.

    For a minute I was misreading it and I was like wait, since when are you 19? But then... yeah haha. Birthdays never feel any different.

    ReplyDelete