Monday, August 8, 2011

This time.

I woke up at 6:30 today, and was stunned by the morning. It was morning, I mean. Not late morning, when the sun was already blazing, but early and soft and sleepy. I went outside and it smelled like school and waiting for the bus, that little stretch of morning when I'm only walking and feeling the air and watching the sun rise. It was really quite something.

Of course, with a start like that, you'd bet I would want to make something of the day. That does not seem to be happening. In the past two days I've had a lot of thoughts of what a waste a useless life is, especially when you're young and untethered, and it still hasn't inspired me to go outside and do something. It did inspire me to clean up my folder, though :D

I actually discovered a "story" about a writer. I guess I got through two paragraphs before stopping, but it was more of a personal narrative than a story. One line in particular stuck with me (and only one line, because I can't remember the rest :P):
I could do something else, but writing is the only thing I've ever found a reason for.
Then I deleted it! Organization.

WELL. Blogger friends, I have a problem. I am taking six (!) core classes next year, which, in a terrible world, would mean six binders. Luckily, two classes I can use folders for, which leaves English, math, and the two sciences with binders. That's still four binders which I don't want to lug around all day. I'm wondering if I should combine my science binders or try to condense my math binder into a folder, or something. So, in total I should have: three folders, two notebooks, one five-subject notebook, a small binder, a medium binder, and a mega binder. Bleh.

Speaking of that, schedules should be here any day now! I have to keep reminding myself that it's only ten o'clock and the mail wouldn't have arrived yet, and that's why no one is posting their schedules on Facebook yet. Yeah, that's it.

Also things that are coming up: SILVER COMING HOME! Only five days now! I know I'm more excited about this than she is, haha, but as she represents approximately one fourth of the people I hang out with, she has been sorely missed.

I think I should go say hi to Vera or something. This entry wasn't fantastically written, but I'm kind of tired from waking up at six thirty, so you'll excuse it this time :D

1 comment:

  1. I woke up early this morning too (Eight is early, right?) and can't believe it's already 10:30 AM. Where does the time go?

    I'm taking all academic electives too. Just take a deep breath, and hope that you don't really need a binder for all of them, or even the four you listed.

    Yes, we will forgive you a not-so-spectacular blog post, even though I didn't think it was that bad. Different style, sure, but not bad.

    ReplyDelete