Tuesday, May 12, 2009

You're not the only one, so get up.

[Riot--Three Days Grace]
Let's start a riot. Gather up all the ones who've given up. Round up all the broken hearts and give them a purpose. Fight till we bleed from out eyes and we collapse on the floor in a defiant heap. Let's bring down the ones who left us behind. Let's bring down the ones who think they're better than us. Let's fight--fight till we can't fight anymore. Tear apart the fabric that holds us together and set our society on fire.
[Over and Over--Three Days Grace]
You don't try to make me love you. You don't even want me to...but I can't help it anymore. You've taken me over, set my brain on fire, drawn forth every tear from my eyes. I think I enjoy it. Because I know I want to be with you...no matter what. But at the same time, I know you'd be unhappy. I don't want that. So I try to let you go, but I can't. I know it hurts me, but I love you. I always will. I can't let you go. It doesn't matter so much that you can't bear to look at me...that hurts, but I need you near me. I need to see you. It's what I wake up every day for.
[Let You Down--Three Days Grace]
Come on. Trust me. I dare you. Yeah, trust me, and don't you worry, I won't let you down. Not till you trust me, tell me everything, call me your friend. Then, baby, I could care less. Come on, just stay long enough for me to show you the side no one should ever see. Because I'm a monster, baby, right beneath the skin. By the time you realize what I've done to you, it'll be too late to run. You can't run, baby. I will let you down. So trust me, give me everything, and maybe you'll live to realize what I've done.
[Drown--Three Days Grace]

No comments:

Post a Comment