Friday, January 22, 2010

Have a wonderful day.

"Have a wonderful weekend," the announcement-lady said, and it got me thinking. There's no way she cares that all 800 kids in my school actually have a wonderful weekend. Either she's saying it for conventionality or she's insane...like all crazy-caring and stuff...and I'm inclined to go with the former. That being said, I wonder why people bother to say it. Well, I know why, to be kind. Act like you care and all that. But when someone says "Have a nice day!" they really could care less if you have a nice day. And when you say "You too!", you're only saying it because they say it first. Here's an idea: only say "Have a nice day" if you're willing to actually hear about someone's day later.
But I digress, even though I've been talking about this since I started. What I originally thought was: I'm a liar. Well, maybe not a liar, but I don't listen very well. Hardly ever do I have a "wonderful" weekend or even a wonderful day. I suppose I could have a so-so day, or an interesting day, but really, when do I even have a nice day? If someone bothers to tell me to have a wonderul day, then I better go out of my way to make it wonderful. I mean, it's not like they're actually handing you a wonderful day. You have to make one yourself!
[All The Right Moves--OneRepublic]
So today, some obnoxious seventh graders took the table we sit in EVERY DAY, and we had to sit in the table they sit in EVERY DAY. I was not amused. Not amused at all.
[You and Me--Lifehouse]
Oh, and Basil occupied my thoughts pretty much the entire day. I barely went a minute without thinking about him. Just thought you'd like to know.
I really ought to go respond to the ONE comment Ali left for me, but alas, I don't want to. I'm too lazy, you see.
I need to pull something out of a hat and finish ILP, which sucked in so many ways this year.
Oh, and I'm having a sleepover at Kim's house with Kim and Silver tomorrow!! :D

1 comment:

  1. Too lazy. Nice. I get that way sometimes too. :P

    Porster. Eh, so-so.

    ReplyDelete