Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lords of October

Tell me, is that not the coolest name for a book EVER? Unfortunately, I can't decide on a story. The main character is a seventeen-year-old girl named Carter, but besides that I don't have many details. In the original story, she saw the world through her video camera, and watched her life go to hell with Alex, a quiet kid who no one ever talks to. Unfortunately, that story is too much like How to Say Goodbye in Robot (one of my favorite books, by the way), and I don't like it that much anyway. So in this new version, she and her younger brother, Alex, are kidnapped and made into soldiers. Yes, this is in the future, yes, it's in America, and yes, I know it's messed up, but I'm a little short on ideas and I need something that matches the awesomeness of the title. Suggestions?

I need to finish these books:
  1. Captivate by Carrie Jones
  2. Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin
  3. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia
  4. All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab
See? Four books. Three of which I haven't officially started yet, one of which I'm in the middle of but has been missing from Barnes and Noble for AGES.

Imma change the layout of my blog. Suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. I like your original idea! Keep it please :)
    Um...not sure on a layout but just pick a pretty one :p
    I haven't heard of those books but I can relate. I am reading like 20 at a time right now :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude! your blog looks so epic right now! seriously! purple suits your blog! totes magotes! :D

    i like your story ideas. preferably the 1st one. but hey, thats just ME. (:

    Barky. BARKY! hahahahah love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, getting so many comments on one post kind of makes me feel guilty, cause I don't know why people even want to read my blog haha :P I think there are some way better bloggers out there that deserve more readers than I do... But yeah, that's why sometimes I just disable comments until my next post cause more would just be too much :/

    But haha ah! ever since you mentioned How To Say Goodbye In Robot I've been searching for it everywhere, but my stupid library doesn't have it. Rawr.

    Oh, and I like what you've done with the layout so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is totally fine! I think I'm gonna check out some of those books you mentioned. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete