Wednesday, October 28, 2009

And I just woke up, but I wish that it was a nightmare...cuz when I have those, it isn't real like this one is.

You just have to love Lady Gaga. She's freaking awesome.
So. I'm being "punished" *cue bitter sarcasm*. I really hate condescending people. But I don't know how to get back at someone like her. She knows me better than most people, she's brilliant, and she knows how to use things against people. She knows how to destroy me, but the thing about friends (FRIENDS. God.) is that you have to take that chance. *sigh* I have plenty of weapons in my arsenal, I guess, but I don't know how to utilize them.
[No Way--Lady Gaga]
Let's assess my writing ability, shall we?

She came out of nowhere, and, like a vicious storm, knocked me off my feet.


In all my thousands of years, I’d never seen a human like this. She had skin like porcelain, like glass, like cream, smooth and lovely despite the tear tracks marring her cheeks. Her hair was woven gold, dark and fine, falling into her face and down her back like a waterfall at dusk. Her full lips were parted, revealing pearly white teeth, and I realized she was speaking, and her voice, her voice was like the ringing of bells, sweet and high in my ears. And her eyes were hypnotizing, darker than midnight and shimmering with unfallen tears, brimming with untold secrets and the pain of a thousand souls. I saw now, for the first time, beauty. I saw for the first time pain and suffering. I saw, for the first time, the sun, for before I was blind.

“Tell me your name,” I whispered at the faraway girl, but she closed her eyes and was gone, all but a taunting memory in my head. Instead of her exquisiteness, I saw my own face: sharp and golden in the fading sun, my pale eyes burning with the loss of the girl, and then I was as well gone, lost without her. The Ever, shimmering silver around me, was ugly and barren; the faces of the gods were dull and ugly. She was all the beauty of the world, all the joy it could hold for me, and all the pain of the world without her.

“Tell me your name,” I whispered again, but she was still gone, still a ghost of a memory in my head. And then, to her, to her perfection, I promised, “I will find you.”

Do YOU think I have a gift?

No comments:

Post a Comment