Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I love you like you do not know.

It occured to me. What if this is all a dream. What if we're just floating all so randomly. And when we sing it's just memories, just memories and you and me.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA SONG LYRICS.
I don't like this font. It's too plain. It confines you, almost. I like Trebuchet, though.
But I'll stick with it.
I was going to blog about something but I forget what I was going to say. Yesterday, Happy and I were discussing what type of guys we thought were hot (well, she mocked that I like Basil, and I asked if she thought CATMAN was hot. AS IF!!!). So I was trying to pinpoint exactly what characteristics I look for in guys, besides the general good looks (cuz I'm shallow like that). Here's my list:
  1. Dark (as in dark colored)/unusual/peircing/mysterious eyes.
  2. Tall. I'm not gonna date someone shorter than me. NO.
  3. Really skinny.
  4. Outgoing.
  5. Smart.
  6. Funny.
I suppose the last two/three are general, but I didn't explain much.
I'm painfully shy, and I want someone to look me in the eyes and say whatever they need to say--because I can't. I want my future boy to not act like he was ashamed of me, even if he's just shy about everything (if he actually was ashamed of me, his butt is getting dumped). And I want him to have friends.
I simply will not date an idiot. I know enough about relationships (NOT BY EXPERIENCE, MOM.) to know that it's not just having fun all the time. Heck, I love algebra. I read Shakespeare and one of my favorite pasttimes is deep, intellectual conversations. I ask questions about Quantom Theory (though still no one will explain it...gah). I want someone who can tell me! Well, no, I don't want someone smarter than me. I'm vain enough for that to bother me. But I want to be able to discuss the meaning of the universe with my boy!
Funny.
I absolutely adore making people laugh, though usually it's at my own expense. And I'm one of those creepy people you see in the halls giggling to themselves every five seconds--laughing, like being smart, is a favorite pasttime of mine. I just like happiness. I don't see how that's so wrong.
So there you go.

Oh, yeah, I remember what I was going to talk about now! Race. The entire concept of race works against racial equality. You want people to stop labeling you? Stop defining yourself as what they're labeling you as. Don't make a big deal that you're different from anyone else. It's like walking around with a shirt that says "I'm this!" and throwing a temper tantrum when someone says you're this. Imagine the ghetto (or what you usually find in a ghetto). A group of teenagers-twenty year olds hanging around some empty street corner, wearing baggy clothes and smoking/drinking and glaring at people? Do you think someone's gonna walk up to them and say Hi? Wouldn't you move a little away, speed up your walking, maybe even dare a sideways glance? That's not racist. If you portray a threatening image, people will feel threatened. It doesn't make sense
And it's not just minorities that are slandered. I'm not saying this just because I'm white, but did it ever occur to anyone that whites have their own stereotypes and are discriminated against just the same? Saying all whites are racist is racist, just like saying all blacks are ghetto is.

Okay, so I just lost all inspiration to rant. Sorry.
Basil has a really pretty skin-shade. I mean, I know that's such a creepy thing to say, but seriously. It's, like, cappucino. And his eyes are black. I always wonder what he's thinking when he's not smiling.
Because I couldn't go an entry without talking about Basil.

I think I might be a dead bride for Halloween (slumba party at my house! woot!). I just need a wedding dress. Lol.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like you want a relationship like Dad and me, kiddo. Nothing wrong with that.

    ReplyDelete