Saturday, October 3, 2009

It's the summer of our lives; we'll contain it for awhile. She holds the beat, the breeze of summer in the circle of her hand. I'd be happy with this summer if it's all we ever had.

Shiver. Maggie Stiefvater.
Three books in my life have moved me to tears. Harry Potter 6&7, because I loved the characters that died, almost like they had become apart of me. But I've had no time to get attached to these characters. I've only had four visits to Barnes and Noble.
I teared up towards the end. I couldn't believe--this wasn't supposed to happen--no. But the end. The last three paragraphs. I cried. I cried and I laughed with jagged, strangled breathes. I sobbed because it had to happen but it couldn't, and yet it did, and it was beautiful. This book has moved me to tears. This book has made me emotional as nothing else has. Every word, every idea, is perfect, beautiful, unbearably so.
I don't want to see to read this book. You have to feel this book. Absorb it. Let it play with your eyes till the tears fall, and they will fall. And you will laugh hysterically, and sob, because it is simply perfect.
Unbearably so.

No comments:

Post a Comment