Monday, November 16, 2009

Wooooah, I feel just like we're losing control, but if you let go, I'll let go tonight.

I'm way behind on NaNoWriMo. Noooooooooes!
I really should be working on that, but I felt like I should blog.
I really wanna talk to Kim.
SO. I learned something today. Something I don't want to post because I know my mom will read. Something that happened two years ago to a girl I don't know very well and can never really look at the same way again. Something she doesn't want anyone to know about because they'll make a big deal about it. Something that made Heather cry.
Huh.
Oh, and I found out that I deal best with problems by NOT dealing with them. Exciting, huh?
You know, when I envision myself in twenty years, I know exactly where I want to be: beautiful, secluded home in Vermont (with second homes in Paris, Italy, and Maine, preferably), with a quaint little family, two Princeton degrees (English literature and psychology, yay!), 5-10 books under my belt, and contentment (which is, after all, my life's goal...find absolution, yada yada yada). It's just that, when I try to imagine who I'm married to, I can't picture anyone, real or otherwise.
Just thought you'd like to know.
Oh, and for anyone who's confused: I have a CHIHAUHAU, not a SQUIRREL CAT. Gar.
[These Are The Nights--Making April]
OHYMGOD, haha, we played Blob Tag in gym. When the two taggers tagged someone, they had to hook arms, so the tagger-blob got bigger and bigger and the number of people running back and forth and crossing the gym got smaller, so there were less people to distract the massive blob of taggers from you. Haha, it was fun. At one point, I was the ONLY ONE on one side of the gym, and I actually made it across! Woot woot!
[Inevitable--Anberlin]
This song is so hauntingly beautiful, and it makes me so sad. Lonely. Lost. It reminds me of a wandering spirit, ancient and forgotten, who once loved and can never love again. The music perfectly describes the pain of life, the pain of love, the pain of forgetting.
And now I really want to talk to someone, to remind myself I'm not alone.

Do you remember when we were just kids,

and cardboard boxes took us miles from what we would miss?
School yard conversations taken to heart,
and laughter took the place of everything we knew we were not.


I want to break every clock.
the hands of time could never move again.
We could stay in this moment for the rest of our lives.
Is it over now hey, hey is it over now?
I want to be your last first kiss
that you'll ever have.
I want to be your last first kiss.


Amazing how life turns out, the way that it does.
We end up hurting the worst, the only ones we really love.


I want to break every clock.
the hands of time could never move again.
We could stay in this moment for the rest of our lives.
Is it over now hey, hey is it over now?
I want to be your last first kiss
that you'll ever have.
I want to be your last first kiss.


Is it over now hey, hey is it over now?
Is it over now hey, hey it's not over now.
I want to be your last first kiss
that you'll ever have.
I want to be your last first love
that you'll ever have.
Lying here beside me, palms and eyes open wide,
I want to your last first kiss
for all time.

3 comments:

  1. chihuahu? if it's spelled with out the 'a' it's just another type of squat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your future sounds pretty enviable to me! And I'm sure that whoever your spouse will end up being will be rather enviable as well ;)

    Hahaha, I remember Blob Tag... that was always a blast :D We never do fun stuff like that anymore though :/

    Good luck catching up with NaNoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be prepared for a grilling tommorow when you come home, dear.

    ReplyDelete