Monday, November 9, 2009

Wow.

All of a sudden he goes "Why does Strawberry like me?"
Kim: "I don't know, because you're special to her, I guess?"
Basil: "You know I'll never like her back." 
Kim: "I know; so does she, but she still likes you."
Basil "Besides, my heart belongs to another." *grins*
Kim: "Paula."
Basil: "Yup, I wouldn't go out with Strawberry for 500 million dollars."
Kim: "That's not very nice."
Basil: "I'm a mean person; she shouldn't like me."
Kim: "Well, too late."
I hate everyone.
[One Step Closer--Linkin Park]
Well, Basil-dearest. Maybe I like you because you hate me, and I have some mental disorder that makes me like everyone who hates me. Maybe I don't like you at all, I'm just obsessed with you, stalker-style. Maybe because you're fascinating. Maybe because---I don't know. What if I do?
Yes, Basil-dearest, I know you'll never like me back. I've accepted that long ago. Did you think I was naive enough to believe we ever had a chance? No, I'm not stupid. I know you hate me and always will, but it's not hope that keeps me hanging on. It's all you.
Oh my, dearest! Beware lest we bring up your significent other, Paula. Yes, she's very pretty, very nice, etc. and yes, we all know you like her. Oopsies, did you think that'd make a difference? Oh, silly Basil, how little you know. So, Basil, why don't you just ask her out and get it over with? We all know you want to. Oh, are you afraid she'd reject you? OH, POOR POOR BASIL.
A-ha! 500 million dollars you say? That is quite the hefty sum. It's a shame I'm not worth even that, but fear not! I'd not go out with you for 500 million dollars either. Do you want to know why, Basil-dearest? Do you want to know?
Because you'd be unhappy.
Eat that, bitch.
AHH! Dearest, of COURSE you're a mean person! How could you ever doubt I knew that? You're the meanest, most disgusting person I know, and I wish I'd never laid an eye on you. Is that to say I shouldn't like you? Indeed. Is that to say I don't? Heavens no.
Because, as Kim most rightfully said, it's too late.
[Flightless Bird, American Mouth--Iron&Wine]
*sobs*
Okay. Well. We got a new keyboard, and it is the awesomest thing ever, because it's shiny and black and new and I can type on it really well, which is good because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to.
I have about 9,500 words, but I'm so tempted to knock off at least a thousand because I'm so upset right now. In fact, I'm going to now. I'll count it afterwards.
....8,749. I need to make it to 11,000 by tonight, at least. Fun, fun. I should go do that.

3 comments:

  1. :/
    ^ That is all I can really say or emote on this whole Basil deal.

    Good luck on your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 500 million dollars? Honestly. That's just ridiculous. What is the point of that? JUST, AGHH! It makes me very very mad |:< Whatever, he sounds like a huge jerk to me....

    It sounds like you're doing great with your writing though! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO worth $500,000,000--Basil however is worth the stuff you wipe off your shoes after walking through a dog park--after it's been raining. He doesn't deserve to breath the same air as you. I'm glad you wouldn't go out with him--but I wish it was for a better reason...like he's an idiot. Which he is for not throwing himself at your feet begging to lick your shoes clean.

    ReplyDelete