Well! Using ridiculously advanced math (it DOES come in handy!), I have discovered THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU WILL EVER HEAR.
Can you guess? No? Well I'll tell you: THE MOST PROFITABLE CROPS ON FARMVILLE.
Yes, yes, I know. You can't contain your excitement. You're leaping for joy. You've always wanted to figure it out but never got off your lazy butt and actually did the math. Well FEAR NO MORE! I've done it all for you! You lucky ducks.
- GREEN TEA is the definite leader at a staggering 177 coins per day, but besides being gross (sorry tea lovers!), it needs harvesting every 16 hours, which is a little tricky for some schedules out there. Imagine green tea as a snobby, overpaid actor who you want to hire anyway because they're really, really good at acting.
- GRAPES have been demoted from first at only 170 coins per day (still fairly formidable), but they also take up about 3/5 of my farm right now (my farm that is, I am proud to admit, enormous). They only take a day to grow, requiring minimal effort, and also, who wouldn't want grapes on their farm??
- Following close behind at 165 coins per day are SUNFLOWERS, the happiest flower of them all (and Silver's favorite flower, coincidently). Sunflowers are the ONLY flowers on the list, which may surprise some people, but they are pretty awesome, so I think third place is well deserved.
- In fourth today we have none other than GHOST CHILI, which can also be difficult for schedules because it needs harvesting every 6 hours. However, this bad boy rakes in 164 coins a day, missing out on third by only a point. Imagine it as green tea's less-talented-but-slightly-cuter younger brother.
- COFFEE has stolen fifth place with 163 coins per day, but as with green tea, it takes a bizarre 16 hours to grow. Now, coffee is talented enough, but not worth the investment of time if you can't check your farm at 2 in the morning every night. Coffee, unfortunately, is a green tea wannabe, which only gets it in fifth place in the standings.
- A major drop down from fifth is CARROTS, which trails behind out only 150 coins a day. However carrots, like grapes, only take a day to grow, which makes them much easier to handle. We can all see that carrots tried their hardest, but just couldn't keep up with the big contenders.
Honorable mention: Pattypan Squash fell short at 121 coins a day, and it as well takes 16 hours to grow.
Note: I didn't compensate for schedules while doing the math. The exact amount of profit you get will vary depending how often you check Farmville...if you check it religiously, like me, then you'll get quite a bit :) Oh, and the amount of coins is for one block. So if you're entire farm is made of green tea and you check it every 16 hours, you'll be rich as all get-out.
Also note: I'm on level 28, so they're are probably some crops I haven't unlocked yet that are worth more.
BEWARE: CROPS LIKE WATERMELON, WHEAT, PINEAPPLES, ARTICHOKES, COTTON, CORN, AND POTATOES MAY SEEM LIKE THEY GIVE YOU A LOT, BUT IF YOU DO THE MATH THEY ONLY GIVE YOU AN AVERAGE OF 44 COINS A DAY!