Saturday, August 22, 2009

Don't apologize for all the tears you've cried; you've been way too strong now for all your life.

Was anyone else woken up by that terrifying thunderstorm at 1 a.m. last night? Anyone? Just me?
[Closer to Love--Mat Kearney]
That was the freakiest storm I've ever seen, even freakier than when I was seven riding through this monster of a storm while driving to Ohio, even freakier than the multi-colored lightning.
The thunder didn't sound like thunder, which is a bit like a stampede. It sounded like a thousand lions' roars, like just a mass of noise. It was louder than any thunder I've ever heard and was lasting for a good thirty seconds.
Judging by the distance between the thunder and the lightning, the center of the storm was a good few miles away, but the lightning was still illuminating the entire sky. The thunder/lighting lasted for a good hour. I know that for sure because after I woke up, I saw the clock, and was stunned that it read 1:00, for so many reasons. I remember noticing how small the number was compared to, oh, say, 12:57. At least on my clock. I kept looking back at it, waiting for the storm to end.
Holy effing crap that thing was monstrous!
In other news, the game Imperium on addictinggames.com is sooooo fun. I totally beat that sucker!

2 comments:

  1. I liked the thunder... it helped me fall asleap....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't get to sleep! It was insanely loud and weird-sounding...

    ReplyDelete