Friday, August 14, 2009

If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see, you can't find out first-hand what it's like to be me.

I GOT A NEW PHONE! EHHEEHEHEHEHEHE YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! IT IS SO EFFING AWESOME SPECTACULAR AMAZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!
From the BACK!
FROM THE FRONT AND SIDE!
Flipped open!
.

.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
I'm going to copy Nat (I regret nothing!) and say what I want to be when I'm all grown up.


My hair will be woven gold, like a shadowy sun, framing a pale cream face and pale blue/gray/green eyes and pale sunlit lashes. I'll never be too skinny, always slender, with long legs and long arms and nails always filed to perfection. I'll wear clothes that make people wonder if I'm a designer, but I'll always, always look approachable...like I'm kind, easy to get along with. A beautiful mom. Once I get out of Princeton (English literature and psychology!) I'll move to Vermont, Maine, or New York...somewhere with cold, somewhere with clouds and leaves and seasons. Somewhere beautiful. I'll live in a grand, three-hundred-year-old Victorian masterpeice or an enlarged cottage, and there'll be so many trees it'll choke up the sky and I'll plant roses and wildflowers everywhere...there'll be sunflowers against the east wall...I'll live near a pond and a stream where the forest creatures come to drink and I'll bring my kids there every day...I won't be a long drive from either the nearest town or New York, and my neighbors will all marvel at how perfect my life is...I'll weave fantastic tales on a lime green laptop in a dark parlor stuffed with magic and dusty afternoon sunlight pouring in with a greenish tint because of the trees. I'll speak at schools about writing and how you have to love your characters, let them grow, let them speak...the world will know my name because of my talent as a writer. I'll see the world. I'll raise horses on a farm a few miles from where I live, and I'll have adorable dogs and stately cats in my house at all times. When I walk the streets people will automatically love me, they won't be able to help it, and I'll never be heartbroken again...


A little fantastical? Yes, but somehow I will get there. Somehow I will reach where I want to be. And I'll take yoga at Nat's :)
Going to the dentist soon....I'll update later.
UPDATE: Well, that was boring. I have two cavities. Hoo-rah.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a nice phone.
    And, yes, I deleted them all. I'm sorry that you will no longer be able to go back and read them and pretend you are living my life since it is so obviously better than yours.












    ;) Just Kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Marisa first said.

    TWO cavities? Yeah, I learned my lesson. I floss and brush twice everyday and use this fluoride rinse once before I go to bed. I think it's made all the difference.

    Speaking of which, I should go do that now, er soonish.

    I've given up on the past few word verifications; they're too difficult.

    ReplyDelete