Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Greatest books of all time?

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
Hamlet by William Shakespeare
The Great Gatsby F. Scott Fitzgerald
In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust
The Stories of Anton Chekhov by Anton Chekhov
Middlemarch by George Eliot
-
I don't know. I've only heard of three of these. I've also only heard of three of the authors. I have to search for something else.
Well, most popular books of all time didn't help. Harry Potter, of course, is at the top, with over 400 million copies sold. How I'm supposed to match that, I'm not sure. But I'm trying.
Onto Time's 100 Best Novels list, from 1923. Maybe this'll help?
Hmm, I've read Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret. Good book, but it didn't make much of an impression on me...of course, I was in fifth grade when I read it. I'll have to read it again. All the King's Men looks good...you know what? I'll make a list.

No comments:

Post a Comment