Wednesday, August 19, 2009

You can be a sweet dream or a beautiful nightmare. Either way I don't wanna wake up from you.

[Sweet Dreams--Beyonce]
I'm working on my masterpiece, by the way. Something that's riveting, beautiful, an instant classic. Written with the wisdom and skill as all the great authors, yet as original as any of theirs. Something that inspires you, entrances you, leaves you in a different world...not that I have that kind of skill, of course. But I can try.
I wrap you around all of my thoughts.
Boy you're my temporary high.
I wish that when I wake up you're there,
to wrap your arms around me for real
and tell me you'll stay by my side.
Clouds filled with stars cover the skies,
and I hope it rains; you're the perfect lullaby.
What kinda dream is this?
You could be a sweet dream or a beautiful nightmare,
either way I don't wanna wake up from you.

1 comment: