Today I went to the mall with Shari, and it was really just fantastic! I actually bought things, which I haven't done in so long. Having new clothes is such a good feeling.
We started off, as we often do, with Forever 21. Usually we don't find much there, but I saw these lovely jeans for only $10.80. They're skinny jeans, but they're such a pretty color. Dark denim is my favorite. And they'd look nice tucked into boots, if I had boots. I don't have boots, but I want them. Goodness gracious, I'd do anything for a nice pair of boots.
Since I had some jeans to try on, I of course needed a shirt, and this wonderful dark red color caught my eye. The sweater is thin, but surprisingly warm, and I just can't wait till it's cool enough to wear it. I love sweaters, especially in lovely colors. After that, we went to the food court for lunch, and went into J.C.Penney's since it was close by. I don't normally like that store, but Shari bid me try something on.
I'm really surprised that I like these shorts. I've never had pants in any interesting color, or with a pattern, or anything like that! But they're really comfortable and not super short like my other pair. I don't normally wear shorts to school, but maybe I'll make an exception for these.
Other stores weren't as successful, but I did get some adorable earrings from Nordstroms. I can't find them online, but they're little white flowers. I thought I could wear them with my new floral attire!
There's still some things I want to get before school starts. I shall make a list for my benefit and yours!
- A cardigan. My favorite one has a hole in it, and I can't seem to find it anyway. There was one that I really liked on Forever 21, but they're out of stock now. Now I'm thinking this would be a good one to buy, but I'm not sure what color. Any thoughts?
- Shoes! Shoes are so great; I wish I had more of them. I'll need sneakers, of course, but I'd like a pair of flats or something that I can wear skirts and such with in the fall. Of course what I'd really like is a pair of boots, but boots are in general a bit more expensive than I'm willing to splurge for.
- A casual dress (or two or three). I always, always want more dresses. It's really unhealthy. But aren't dresses so nice? It's like wearing a skirt, but you don't have to worry about a matching top!
- A new dress for Model UN, because really, I'm addicted to business-appropriate attire.
- This jacket. I don't know if I've ever loved anything more than I love this jacket, except for boots.
I should really stop this before I amass a small fortune's worth of wishful thinking.